Sunday, June 10, 2012

Despite questionable decision, Bradley remains undefeated

Timothy Bradley defeated pound for pound king Manny Pacquiao.

Two judges scored the fight 115-113 for Bradley and the remaining one, 115-113 for Pacquiao. The split decision gave Bradley the WBO welterweight title.

But people can't believe how the fight ended, they felt Pacquiao had the fight the whole night but got shocked with the decision. Even Top Rank promoter Bob Arum got disappointed with the outcome,  I've never been as ashamed to be associated with the sport of boxing as I am tonight," he said. "This is a fight that respected people scored 11-1, 10-2 to Pacquiao. They said that Bradley was trying hard but that this was a mis-match

Pacquiao also felt he had the fight but he respect the judges decision. "I respect the judges, I cannot blame them. It is a part of the game. I give thanks to the Lord. I do my best but my best wasn't good enough."

Despite all the negative reactions from people, Bradley is happy with how the fight ended
It was a good, competitive fight," said Bradley. "Every round was pretty close. Pacquiao won some of the early rounds. I controlled the later rounds with my jab. I need to go home and review the tape.
"He is a strong puncher. He rocked me a couple of times in the fight but I held my ground and fought to the end. This is boxing."

Like he predicted there will be part 2 on November. Bradley and his team already made tickets and posters for the "rematch" right before the fight result.